Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Pain



You creep up and find abode in me
You come to remind me of my immortality?
My humanness?
To cause me anguish?
 Searing anguish
Giving up feels easy, easier than you, pain
Living with you is hard
Surrender is sweet temptation

You feel greater than me
I admire your illusions
Very daring and arrogant
You are temporal, though
Here today, perhaps tonight you may stay
But you can cut the crap about staying beyond tonight
Where do you go and get that kind of haughtiness?
Filling up my room?
I breathe you, touch you
See you everywhere, my step is you.

I could say I am in awe of your audacity
On the contrary
I pity your self-absorbed sense of position
Your reigning nonsense
You don’t belong anywhere
You are a thief, yes you steal
Nothing is yours

But
You have caused me to feel, I know
Brought out my rawness, thank you
Touched my vulnerability, very clever
Tempted me, yes I am human!
Taken my thoughts where they dread
Showed me what I am, very revealing mirror that…
My value, my strength
My profundity
Interesting, don’t you think
In that pit of torment
There is still clarity
Senses still stay afloat
My profundity reigns.



No comments:

Post a Comment