Wednesday, May 11, 2011
Gracias
Graciously graced....is that right? Sounds right to me...Im happy, bubbly, bursting at the seams with bliss. And like I haven't bubbled enough...more bubbles from up above, in showers. Nairobi is wet up to my ankles....beautiful! Oh! the rain to water our roads....fill the drainage pipes and fill the damn dams that are running low; threatening miserable Nairobi with no water and electricity....yes, almost half a century later...we still wait for the heavens to open to click our switches for light!! So here I am, trudging in murky water...and observing the interesting phenomena called nairobians........how they have a love/hate relationship with rain. The girls/women hate it more than they love it. They are not sure what is more precious...their hair or pants...so one hand covers the head and the other holds the pants around the knees to avoid sweeping the murky water....he he! I laugh because I don't care right now. My heels are all wet...and muddy. My hair is safe, i suspect the tiny umbrella I hold over it is not entirely friendly...its colluding with the rain more than it is with me. But again, I don't care. Wet hair never killed no cat!Rain, rain away....I am in bliss....yes while I am in this moment. Rare moment. Gracias!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nice!
ReplyDeleteThanks Jude.
ReplyDelete